Home Learning Page

CONTINUED! Home Learning 20:20 Reading Challenge…

Summer Term 2 2020: Welcome Back Class 4!

Our Timetable for in and out of school this week..

TOGETHER

Because we do

All things together

All things improve

Even weather

Our daily meat

And bread taste better

Trees are green

Rain is wetter

by Paul Engle

Some of you are at home and some of you are in school!  But remember that we are all in this together!  The lessons will be the same wherever you are learning from and therefore activities will change and adapt week by week as we learn and improve upon how best to teach all of you.

Click on the following links daily:

Daily Spelling and Grammar Task

Daily Maths Task

Daily Topic Task

Story Time at 3pm

NEW: Class Assembly at 10.30am, every Friday

Spring Term

Easter Weekend

Luzia Ellert – Getty Images

As we missed our usual walk up to church last week and many of you will miss a traditional Easter Sunday Service at Church with friends and family, I thought we could be part of a community and celebrate together on the blog!

A Prayer to say together with family or during a quiet moment of reflection:

Let Us Have Hearts of Thankfulness

Lord God,

You loved this world so much,

That you gave your one and only Son,

That we might be called your children too.

Lord, help us to live in the gladness and grace

Of Easter Sunday, everyday.

Let us have hearts of thankfulness

For your sacrifice.

Let us have eyes that look upon

Your grace and rejoice in our salvation.

Help us to walk in that mighty grace

And tell your good news to the world.

All for your glory do we pray, Lord,

Amen.

— Rachel Marie Stone

The Story of Easter…

Click Here to be reminded of the Easter Story

Bible Readings

• John 11:25-26: “Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?'”
  • 1 Peter 1:3: “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.”
  • 1 Corinthians 15:21: “For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man.”
  • Philippians 3:10: “I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death.”
  • Luke 24:6-7: “He is not here; he has risen!”
  • Romans 8:34: “Who then is the one who condemns? No one.”
  • 1 Corinthians 6:14: “And God raised the Lord and will also raise us up by his power.”

Why not take part in a virtual easter egg hunt run by St Nicholas Hospice Care?

https://stnicholashospice.org.uk/news-community/events-listing/virtual-easter-egg-hunt/

Click Here to Learn from Home

For all questions, use the comment box below to ask questions about any of the activities found on the sidebar or on the link above.

Please Read the Class 4 at Home Page in full.

Your comment is sent directly to me and will only pop up in the comments section once it has been approved by me.

If you put: ‘do not post’ in your comment, I will simply delete your message and reply as a general comment to the whole class or email you back personally.

Mrs Patel

25 thoughts on “Home Learning Page”

1. Hi mrs Patel

It’s Alfie’s mum, we have done the homework we thought we had to do, two pages in each exercise book, the vikings activity book, the first of the reading challenge, two pages of matches and two of grammer. Are we doing the wrong homework?
    Thanks emma and alfie

1. Hello no you are correct! 2 pages of: grammar, maths, vikings and then a comprehension 🙂

Well done Alfie 🙂

We have daily tasks on the blog too as the class wanted to keep a few key elements of daily school life. We encourage all children to do the main daily task and listen to our class story at 3pm as this is something your child will be able to do independently.

If I can help in any way do not hesitate to contact me via the blog or through admin@littlegaddesden.herts.sch.uk

Mrs Patel

1. Well done Niamh 🙂 I hope you are well and keep checking our blog for your daily task. I have a feeling you will really enjoy tomorrows!

Mrs Patel

2. when do we do the poem??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

3. Hello Class 4,

I hope you’re all having a lovely break and enjoying chomping through your stash of Easter eggs!

I just wanted to say a huge well done for all the amazing letters you wrote to the NHS. They were all so heartfelt, and I’m sure they will be much appreciated and bring a smile to their recipients.

Make the most of the rest of the holidays!
    Mrs Steeds